Skechers Golf Shoes Review: Why You Should Absolutely Own A Skecher
Skecher is a global fashion brand but in this article specifically we'll take interest in the golf shoes category. In Skecher golf shoes review below I'll try to go through most sold and higher rated items.
The golf shoe industry has witnessed a major breakthrough in the last few years thanks to the resources moved and employed in order to improve the golfers’ experience and increase their comfort on and off course. This has resulted in a wide variety of designs, styles and products.
However, with large choice comes always great indecision. And a bad choice will not only cost you your money but also decrease your comfort and alter your performance.
That’s why I decided to pick and review one the best brands in the industry today, known for their high-quality products offered at a solid price: Skecher Golf Shoes!
Basics to consider:
Apart from the water resistance, I find golf shoes to share a lot of "basics to consider" with soccer shoes as they both need to take care of:
- Traction: The key advantage of spiked golf shoes is the high stability they ensure. Know that the good execution of your swing depends highly on the traction the shoe provides. In that matter, spikes ensure the shoe stays well anchored into the ground leaving no room for shakiness. There are two types of spikes: Metal spikes who are becoming less and less common, and soft (plastic) spikes who took over the formers. However, Spikeless golf shoes worked their way through today’s market and thanks to technology and development, shoe industry has come to a good compromise between traction, comfort, and style
- Water Resistance: Considered as one of the biggest concerns of golf players, since being in touch with water is almost inevitable, aside from summer courses. But don't worry, Skechers golf shoes are completely water resistant!
- Comfort: Good news! Skechers is known to be very comfortable
- Breathability: Skechers took good care of this parameter.
- Style: A very important parameter, for this Skechers offers a nice design along with multiple color patterns easy to match with the rest of your outfit.
- Price: Skechers offers a solid price for an amazing quality!
Now let’s get into it without any further ado!
Comparative table of the best Skechers gold shoes:
Skechers Performance Go Golf Driver 2
Skechers Performance Go Golf Pro
Top 6 Indoor Soccer Shoes Reviews:
#1 Skechers Performance Go Golf Tour Elite
- 100% Synthetic
- Rubber sole
- Water-resistant golf shoe featuring lace-up front and padded tongue/collar
- Spikeless outsole
In spite of the ‘trainer’ look to them, Skechers Performance Go Golf Tour Elite will exceed your expectations.
This model of Skecher is extremely comfortable and completely waterproof.
Moreover, the design is not bad at all.
You might worry about the lack of spikes. But what you don’t know is that going spike-free will tremendously improve the shoe comfort and save a lot in its weight.
The Go Golf Elite actually provides a high level of traction, thanks mainly to the stubby studs on the outsole presented by Skechers as GoImpulse sensors, which successfully secure highest levels of grip for the most complicated and rapid swings, replacing conveniently the presence of spikes.
Also, one of the key advantages of the Skechers Go Golf Elite is its versatility (thanks to the lack of spikes again).
You can actually wear it on and off course. Also, this allows you to travel without having to stuff your baggage with an extra-pair if you plan to play golf during your vacations
- Extreme Comfort
- Water resistance
- There’s no such thing as perfect product, but for that price Skechers Go Golf Elite seems to surpass all the competition.
#2 Skechers Performance Go Golf Driver 2
- Smooth and perforated leather upper materials.
- Breathable, moisture-wicking textile lining.
- Rubber sole
- Lace-up golf shoe featuring brand callouts at tongue, counter, and lateral side
- Goga Mat technology with high-rebound cushioning
- Flexible turf cleated outsole
Very nice-looking, the Skechers Performance Go Golf Drive 2 is a low-profile lightweight comfortable shoe that is completely waterproof.
They feature scent protection which prevents your stinky feet to make the shoes smell like stinky expired cheese after 10 wears.
The uppers are breathable and lining feature a moisture-wicking textile.
You need almost no “break in” period as many customers claim.
They provide good arch support which adds to the overall comfort of the shoe.
- Water Resistance
- A bit narrow width-wise. If you have wide feet consider ordering a half-size up.
#3 Skechers Performance Go Golf Pro
- Synthetic sole
- Seamless waterproof seal keeps moisture out
- Padded collar and tongue for a cushioned feel
- Resalyte midsole cushioning for additional support
- Replaceable soft spikes
The Skechers Performance Go Golf Pro is not only good looking and stylish but also very comfortable.
The forefoot is reasonably wide to fit any kind of feet and the tongue is padded so that you don’t feel like the laces are cutting through your skin.
The upper is made of waterproof leather and the outsole features replaceable soft spikes that provides extra-grip and high level traction to assist you during your most insane swings.
With arch support and midsole cushioning, it would be difficult to do better than Skechers when it comes to comfort.
But not only that, the Skechers Performance Go Golf Pro features scent protection technology that prevents the shoes to smell bad after few wears. Moisture will be kept out for sure.
- Sometimes a bit tight Lengthwise.
#4 Skechers Performance Go Walk 2 Go Golf Lynx
- Rubber sole
- Radically lightweight
- Resalyte midsole cushioning
- Soft fabric lining
- Full length goga mat energy return insole
- Resagrip spikeless outsole for traction
This will probably be hands down the most comfortable golf shoes you will ever have to wear.
The lining is cushioned, the tongue padded and the insole provided with arch support. You’ll have the impression to be walking on clouds with the Skechers Performance Go Walk 2 Go Golf Lynx.
The outsole is spikeless featuring Resagrip technology for better traction and high grip, ensuring that the shoes will be well-anchored into the ground if need be.
Their casual look and stylish design make them very versatile, allowing the wearer to put them both on and off course, especially considering their extreme lightweight.
- Some could find them too flexible
Now it's important to take your time before choosing your pair of golf shoes because while it might seem without major importancee, chances are, your golf shoes are responsible for 50% of your performance. Skechers is a safe choice at solid price.